Yoga for Beginners: Half Frog Pose
11/01/2009 | 12:00 AM
The half frog pose helps improve posture, strengthens muscles and stretches out your whole body.
- Lie on your belly. Press your forearms to the floor and lift your head and upper torso.
- Bend your right knee and bring your heel as close to your butt as possible.
- Supporting yourself on your left forearm, reach back with your hand and clasp the inside of your foot.
- Slowly rotate your elbow toward the ceiling. Slide your fingers over the top of the foot and curl them over the toe tips. The base of your palm should be pressing the top of the foot.
- Press your foot down.
- Remain in this position for 30 seconds. Slowly release your hand and bring your foot back on the floor and rest.
- Repeat on the other side.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL