Yoga for Beginners: Lion Pose
10/20/2009 | 12:00 AM
Practicing yoga daily increases blood flow throughout the body and can have energizing effects on anyone. We recommend doing a seated practice of the Lion Pose first thing in the morning to jumpstart the day. Lion Pose is an excellent exercise for the often neglected facial muscles, and can take years off your face if practiced daily.
- Place a pillow on the floor and lower yourself into a kneeling position.
- Raise your buttocks and place your right foot on the thigh of your left leg.
- Squat on your heels and place your hands on your knees. Spread out your fingers.
- Inhale deeply, keeping your spine erect.
- Open your eyes and mouth as wide as possible while sticking out your tongue and chin. Feel the pose engage all of the muscles of your face.
- Exhale forcefully from your mouth, allowing sound to escape with your breath.
- Spread your fingers wide and point your fingertips upwards, tensing the muscles of your hands and wrists.
- Gaze at the tip of your nose.
- Hold the pose until you have fully exhaled, then sit back down into the original position.
- Repeat 3 times.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL