Yoga for Beginners: Locust Pose
09/15/2009 | 12:00 AM
The Locust pose (Salabhasana) helps strengthen the abdominals, legs, and arms, and also relieves stress and improves posture. It sounds easy, but takes practice and patience to master.
- Lie on your stomach with your arms alongside your body, palms facing up. Rest your forehead on the floor.
- Gently lift your head and upper torso.
- Lift your arms slowly, keeping them parallel with the floor. Then lift your legs from behind as much as you can.
- Rest your weight on your abdomen and lower ribs.
- Stay in this position for about a minute, breathing regularly and evenly.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL