Yoga for Beginners: Pitta Stress Relief Bridge Pose
02/18/2010 | 12:00 AM
The bridge posture is one of the best yoga techniques for relieving stress and reducing anxiety - which is especially useful for hyper Pitta body-mind types. The pose also reduces fatigue. We recommend practicing the bridge pose in the morning for five days in a row to experience a change in your state of mind.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and feet together.
- Keep your arms at your side with palms on the floor.
- Lift the hips towards the ceiling.
- Breathe regularly. Hold the pose for 5 inhale-exhale cycles.
- Slowly release and come to rest on your back.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL