Yoga for Beginners: Plank Pose
10/12/2009 | 12:00 AM
The Plank Pose is a demanding, extremely beneficial yoga pose which, performed correctly and regularly, will strengthen your arms, spine and abdominal muscles.
- Begin with Downward Facing Dog posture.
- Draw your torso forward until your shoulders are over your wrists and your whole body is in one straight line (Like a push-up).
- Press your forearms and hands firmly down and press back through the heels.
- Keep your the neck in line with the spine and broaden your shoulder blades.
- Hold this position for 20 to 30 seconds - longer if you can - then push back into downward dog.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL