Yoga for Beginners: Tree Pose
08/26/2009 | 12:00 AM
The Tree Pose strengthens the thighs, calves, ankles and back while stretching your hips and groin. It also helps improve your balance and concentration.
- Stand straight with your feet shoulder width apart.
- Exhale and place the sole of your left foot on the inside of your right leg, close to the groin, with your toes pointing downward.
- Inhale and stretch your arms sideways to form a “t,” with your palms facing down.
- Exhale and bring your palms together in prayer position.
- Raise your arms overhead, keeping your palms together.
- Keep your balance by focusing your eyes on a point directly in front of you. Keep breathing steadily from your belly.
- Release, relax and repeat.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL