This pose stretches and relaxes your back, shoulders, legs and arms. It also improves the flow of blood to your head, for a combination of relaxation and circulation that is essential to the health of your skin.
- Stand with your feet together and arms at your sides.
- Spread your legs so that your feet are slightly more than shoulder-width apart.
- Inhale and extend your arms straight out and parallel to the floor, palms facing down.
- Turning your torso to the right, bend at the waist and bring your right hand down to your right ankle. Exhaling slowly, extend your other arm upward, keeping your knees and elbows straight. Turn your head up towards the fingertips of the left hand. Inhale and return to position with the arms outstretched.
- Hold for one full exhale.
- Inhale and repeat with your left hand.