Yoga for Beginners: Wind Release Pose (Pawanmuktasana)
01/03/2010 | 12:00 AM
Pawanamuktasana, or Wind Release Pose, helps strengthen the core muscles while releasing pressure in the abdomen. This relaxing exercise is beneficial for women with abdominal pain, acid reflux and excess belly fat. Practicing this pose every day will help flatten your stomach and improve your mood.
- Lie down flat on your back on a mat with your legs together and stretched out. Place your hands at your sides.
- Bend your right leg and grip it with both hands.
- Interlock your fingers and press your thigh against your abdomen.
- Raise your head and touch your nose to your knee.
- Breathe deeply for at least 5 breaths or 10-30 seconds.
- Release your leg.
- Repeat with left leg.
- Lastly, repeat with both legs, pressing your thighs hard against your abdomen.
- Breathe deeply, at least 5 breaths.
- Release, straighten your legs and relax.
Find Veria Living in your area.
VIDEOS FOR LIVING WELL